Alan Fortier has over 35 years of industrial experience as a pricing and strategy consultant, educator and manager. His clients have included:
- Toyota Material Handling
- Dover Corporation
- Dow Chemical
- BP Amoco
- Berkshire Hathaway
as well as hundreds of other fortune 500 and medium-sized businesses, both public and private equity owned. He has led significant projects in every region of the world with an outstanding track record for helping clients achieve significant, sustainable profit and share growth.
In addition to leading our firm and playing a role in each project, Alan is also:
- A Director of Graham Corporation (GHM), a leading supplier of equipment to refineries and the U.S. Navy, where he has served on their audit, compensation & nominating and governance committees.
- A Strategic Advisory Board member for Genstar Capital, a top performing private equity group with over $17 billion in assets under management.
- A guest lecturer at Columbia Business School’s MBA and Executive Education programs on strategy and pricing
- A charter member of the Society For The Advance Of Consulting
- A speaker and seminar leader globally on strategy execution and pricing best practices
A Brief History
Over the past 30 years, Fortier & Associates has emerged as a global leader in improving strategy execution, and in improved pricing strategy + methods for significant market share and profit growth. Alan’s career path has also included:
- Manager at the New York-based consulting firm, Ayers, Whitmore & Co. (a McKinsey spinoff)
- Management and technical positions with Dupont
- An MBA from the Harvard Business School
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering, summa cum laude, from Cooper Union