A one-day seminar with leading consultant Alan Fortier on significant profit improvement through better pricing.
Surprisingly few managers know how to manage pricing to maximize profit. This leads to Stranded Profit, profit that the market would allow, but you are failing to capture. How can this be, especially given the importance of profit growth? It’s because pricing is the most undermanaged function in business.
Leading pricing consultant Alan Fortier will show you how to move this stranded profit on to your P&L. This intensive, content rich one-day seminar will teach pricing best practices using examples, lecture and Q&A. It may be the highest return professional development experience of your career.
Seminar Agenda; What you will learn:
Ray Hoglund, Former Segment President - Dover Corporation
- Pricing structure improvements to increase profits:
- How to refine your segmentation strategy and extend it to pricing structure
- Flex your structure with changing industry conditions and competition
- How your market share and the behavior of costs should influence your pricing
- Where should you raise (or reduce) prices right now?
- Developing "the mindset" of a great pricer
- How to think about risk, and how to mitigate risk
- Best practices for raising prices and responding to aggressive tactics at large accounts and sophisticated buyers (This topic will get lots of attention)
- Overcoming the top impediment to higher prices: Fear
- How to simultaneously increase share and prices
- Link pricing and business strategy
Feedback From Previous Seminars
- Choosing your most appropriate pricing strategy
- Overcoming barriers for extending value strategy to value pricing
- How to think about customer conditioning and competitor interdependence
- Can price leadership work in your market?
- Turn disruptive events into huge gains
- Enhance your pricing execution
- Results from Fortier survey of pricing execution best practices at 100 businesses: what works and what doesn't?
- Pricer skills and metrics
- Communication best practices
- Pricing execution through the sales organization
- Self assessment exercise
- Send your questions ahead of seminar; leave with answers to your key questions
- Substantial Q&A time at end; leave with your top issues addressed
Who Should Attend?General Managers, Product Managers, Pricing Managers, Sales Managers, CFOs and others who set or influence prices or pricing strategy. Content and examples will focus on manufacturing businesses.
Get ready for an unprecedented experience that will forever change the way you think about pricing, and your business.
About Alan Fortier – Seminar Leader
Alan's additional qualifications include:
- Board member of both public and private companies
- Lecturer at Columbia Business School's Executive Education and MBA programs on strategy and pricing
- Expert utilized by the U.S. International Trade Commission on the impact of imports on U.S. price levels
- Charter member, Society for the Advancement of Consulting
- Former Manager with a McKinsey spinoff
- Former manager at DuPont
Location and Time
"I know that anyone attending Alan's seminar will get a tremendous learning experience and payback."
CEO & President – Chart Industries
- Seminar will start at 8:30AM
- Alan will conclude prepared agenda by 4:30PM
- Unlimited Q&A about your businesses (Conclusion by 6:30PM)
- Join us for a cocktail reception on Wednesday, October 24, 5:00-6:30PM
- Conveniently located inside the main terminal
- If you'll be staying there call 888-421-1442 to reserve your room. A discounted block of rooms are available on a first-come basis. You should request the "Fortier Pricing Seminar" discount. or click here to reserve your room online.
$3,200 if payment received before June 29, 2018
Feedback from over 250 attendees at past seminars averaged over 9 out of 10 (with 10=absolutely outstanding).
- The full day seminar, loaded with practical insights and value
- Extensive Q&A session addressing your specific issues
- Opportunity to send your top questions ahead of seminar; all will be addressed
- Continental breakfast, buffet lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments
- Binder with key seminar content
- Networking cocktail reception (prior evening)
Substitutions and cancellations:
- Before June 29, 2018 - $250 administration fee
- On or after June 30, 2018 - 50% of seminar fee
- Seat is transferable to another person in same company at any time